Psychotherapy and Healing in Sheffield
What does JMS Therapy offer:
JMS Therapy is run and owned by Jennifer Smallwood, a qualified psychotherapist in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. With over 20 years of clinical experience, Jennifer offers the following therapy services within the Sheffield and South Yorkshire area:
- Gestalt Psychotherapy for psychological, emotional and behavioural issues e.g. depression, anxiety, grief, addictions, eating disorders, stress and overwhelm
- EMDR and trauma therapy e.g. traumatic events, PTSD, C-PTSD, childhood neglect, accident, illness and intergenerational trauma
- Therapy for relationship issues, couples work and family issues
- Clinical supervision for trainees, qualified therapists and supervisory groups
- EMDR supervision for trainees and qualified therapists
- Transpersonal yoga therapy for somatic illness and spiritual development
- Meditation (individuals and group) as facilitation for mental health
- Reiki Seichem as an ancient energy healing practice
- Akashic Records readings for infinite wisdom and guidance from the Book of Life
- The CLARITY package which provides spiritual development and guidance as directed by the energetic wisdom of the Akashic Records, combined with a blend of psychotherapy, reiki healing, and business coaching.
- Therapy Training Workshops include workshops on TRAUMA, SUICIDALITY and GESTALT PSYCHOTHERAPY BASICS
JMS therapy provides clients with a space in which their whole self is held by an experienced psychotherapist. Jennifer draws upon a blend of Gestalt Psychotherapy and EMDR, a trauma therapy; suffusing them with somatic and spiritual practices. In this way, a unique treatment plan is specially tailored to best fit the individual needs of each client.
JMS therapy moves away from the medical model’s question of “What is wrong with you?”, asking instead, “What has happened to you, and what do you need right now?” In this way, Jennifer aims to help each client identify and fully access unresolved issues as they become aware of maladaptive and limiting thoughts, behaviours, and beliefs, and ultimately release those blocked energies (mental, emotional, physical and spiritual) to allow the whole self to emerge. This is the healing journey.